1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tape Noise and low light on Panasonic NV-GS120

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by JeffHNZ, Jun 11, 2005.

1. JeffHNZ

JeffHNZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just bought a Panasonic NV-GS120 Digital Video camera which appears to be a great wee camera. Would really appreciate some help with the following:

I have found that the noise of the tape going around can be heard clearly in the audio of the recordings. Even when the footage is taken to DVD recorder there is a problem. Is there a setting or something I can change that will reduce or elimante the noise/problem??

Also camera appears to be not great in lower light (maybe because of the 3 CCD). How should I set the camera in this situation, what's the secrets?

Would really appreciate your help and comments with with these problems, especially the tape noise.

Cheers,

Jeff.

2. Norbert666

Norbert666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have the same camera, and had this same problem. During playback I could hear the tape whirring and clicking. It was a fault with the camera. I sent it back and was sent a new one. Must be a common problem.

James

3. JeffHNZ

JeffHNZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi James,

Thanks for the reply, do you mean you returned your NV-GS120 and was given another NV-GS120 and it was fine? Or was it a fault with that camera...?

Cheers,

Jeff.

4. Norbert666

Norbert666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    They sent me an identical replacement GS120.

The new one is fine and quiet.

James

5. Norbert666

Norbert666

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    If you suss this I'd appreciate finding out - I'm sure it's probably in the manual, but I allergic to manuals!

I've only used it recently in low light and found playback quite dark.