Tape loop integration

rccarguy2

At the moment I'm using a Audiolab 8000Q in a combined stereo/HT system

Squeezebox digital out into a DAC
DAC into CD input of 8000Q
Lexicon L/R pre-out into Tuner input of 8000Q
L/R pre-out from 8000Q into 3 channel amplifier

Would it be possible to use the tape input of the 8000Q so it bypasses the 8000Q? I believe I can't use the tape out because that is full level, so I switched over to audio from the DAC my speakers will blow up as it's straight full power.

But the tape input bypasses the 8000Q pre amp? So by using off board pre level that gets around issue of not having HT bypass

Picture below which I'm thinking of

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 27

Jamie

Distinguished Member
I don't think so TBH

When I had a combined stereo and AV system I used a simple 2 input RCA switcher with the AV pre-out and stereo pre-out connected to the inputs and the single output connected to the power amp

(Actually mine was a NAD integrated that has those removable links joining the oteout and amp in terminals, I didn't have separate components but the principle is the same)

rccarguy2

Anyone else to advise I'm positive this would work

Mollusc13

Novice Member
Anyone else to advise I'm positive this would work
I don't know this pre-amp, but surely the tape input would be attenuated by its volume control just like all the other inputs? After all cassette decks have/had fixed high-level outputs on the whole?

rccarguy2

I don't know this pre-amp, but surely the tape input would be attenuated by its volume control just like all the other inputs? After all cassette decks have/had fixed high-level outputs on the whole?

Yeah tape input would be regular line level input for some reason I thought pre amp bypassed.

Tape out will be fixed level though, so the only way would be to tape out into power amp bt ONLY if i use external pre amp to control level, for any other input like cd it means it'll be at 100% volume and speakers will blow up

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom