Tape library on VCR

brado

Standard Member
Reaction score
How does the library operate?
Is it in memory on the tape or on the recorder?
Are the titles of the individual recordings listed and how are they listed, i.e. by what means?
Thanks

I've got a philips with this feature which I find pretty useful. You have to label your tapes 1 to 9 (thats all it can cope with), and when you insert a tape it asks you to tell it which one it is.

When you record, it saves the channel, date , time and length for each program against that particular tape number (you can afterwards overwrite this with your own text).

When you want to play something you can display all the recordings by tape number on screen, scroll to the one you want and press OK. If the right tape is currently in the VCR it will FF/RW to it and play it for you. If not it pops out the current tape and then prompts you to insert 'Tape X' and then locates/plays it for you.

The more I think about it - the more I wouldn't be without it !

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.
I wanted to know before paying extra to have the facility.
I think my tape collection would not be able to fit. I have about 75 tapes with 3 to 6 hours on each. I did index them some time ago, on my computer and then printed out a card index. I only got to no. 52.
Your reply was most helpful, however.
I have now decided I will renew my old video recorder with the JVC Svhs 6965, cheap, but without library and continue to use my card index.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom