TaoTronics Bluetooth 4.0 Receiver Hands-Free Car Kit review

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by donka, Jun 7, 2015.

1. donka

donka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +317
    The TT-BR03 turns any car stereo with a standard 3.5mm line in port into a fully-fledged, Bluetooth Hands-Free system. This lets you both stream music as well as handle phone calls, hands-free over Bluetooth.

Inside the box is the hands-free receiver, a car USB charger, magnetic suction base and a user guide. The receiver itself measures in at 43 x 43 x 15mm and weighs 27g. The attached cable is exactly 1 metre long which should help in placing this in a suitable location.

Set up is fairly simple, the receiver plugs directly into your car stereo using the included 3.5mm audio cable and is powered using the included USB cable. This can be powered directly from a USB port in your car if you have one, otherwise the package includes a twin port USB car charger. This charger has a USB port for the receiver as well as a spare 2.1A USB port to power a mobile device such as a phone or tablet.

Pairing is achieved through the normal process of turning on Bluetooth on your mobile device and searching for the receiver although the process can be automated if the mobile supports NFC.

Once paired, you can stream music directly from your mobile device as you would with any other Bluetooth speaker. The receiver supports the aptX codec which ensures a higher quality Bluetooth audio provided your mobile device also supports it. Buttons on the receiver let you play/pause music as well as skip forwards or back and also change volume. Because the receiver is mounted on a magnetic base, this can be positioned somewhere visible and close to hand to ensure easy operation.

Hands-free phone calls are the other benefit with this kit and the receiver has a built in microphone so you can leave your mobile phone in your pocket and still hold a phone call. The play/pause button lets you answer or hang up the call and voice clarity was excellent according to the person on the other end of the call.

The receiver also features an on/off switch if you need to ensure it is not in use but I personally think you would want to leave this switched on so it powers on when you start the car.

During my testing, I found the audio quality to be very good and the phone always connected automatically when I was in the car. Answering a phone call will pause the music as you would expect so when the call ends, the music resumes from where you left off.

The majority of modern cars already have some form of smart connectivity or Bluetooth support but surprisingly, not all support both phones calls, and music streaming and of course older cars may feature none at all. If you have an audio system with a 3.5mm line in connection and are looking to introduce Bluetooth support for phone calls or music streaming, the TT-BR03 from TaoTronics is an excellent option.

I got this from http://www.amazon.co.uk/TaoTronics-...Free-Supports/dp/B00RKZOT4Q/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

Video review:
    TaoTronics Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kit review

Attached Files: