Tannoy's Service is Terrible

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by GarethH, Mar 16, 2001.

1. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I want to buy a Tannoy MxSub10. Back in January I placed an order for one with my local AV Dealer. Every week they keep saying "Tannoy told us its due soon".

In January I phoned Tannoy UK and they told me the MXSub10 is due out in late Jan. Weeks of wait and still no stock. I phoned again and now its changed to Early Feb. And it carried on and on. Mid Feb, Late Feb, Early March and Mid March. Just called this morning and now its looks like its Late March/Early April.

[​IMG]

Well its Mid March and still no Sub. Tannoy are useless for getting stock in. Nobody i phoned has actually had the sub in stock.

On searching the Net, the only places that seem to have it in are ones based in Austrailia and they've had it in for weeks.

To me the Tannoy Service is useless, just look at their site. It has not been updated since September 2000. So many of their products such as the MX4 and MXCenter have been released and their is no menion of this on their web site.

Oh well, looks like i'll just have to wait.

2. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Why not try contacting Tannoy directly, I did some work for them years ago at their plant in Airdrie. Not sure if that is where they assemble the subs, but it may give you the answers you are looking for.

3. GarethH

GarethH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    FIANLLY! Getting the MXSub10 tomorrow, cant wait. Just noticed that Tannoy have also revamped their website, about time too!

[​IMG]