Tannoy XT6F Speaker repair

ptolemyMid

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks to a combination of hi fi and children I have a Tannoy XT6F speaker that requires repair. One of the drivers has been punctured. These are the best speakers I've ever owned and I really don't want to get rid of them unless it's impossible to fix them.

I tried with a local hi fi shop but after a while had passed they had tried all of their sources and couldn't find a replacement driver.

So this is my last chance, does anyone know how one could source the driver, or better still someone who could fix the speaker?

If all else fails - does anyone want to either buy or sell a single Tannoy XT6F speaker? :)

Have you tried Tannoy direct, their website shows both a service and a spare parts department, you need to register but worth sending off a request. Its a current stock item so I would be optimistic of getting it sorted through them.

Botton left - Tannoy | Catalog | Product Applications

Upvote 0
Thanks, I don't know why, but I haven't tried them yet, that's very helpful. Will do so now.

Upvote 0
Have you tried Tannoy direct, their website shows both a service and a spare parts department, you need to register but worth sending off a request. Its a current stock item so I would be optimistic of getting it sorted through them.

Botton left - Tannoy | Catalog | Product Applications

Hi,

Thanks again, I sent a request as soon as I responded to this answer. Six weeks later (!) they replied. And yesterday I received the replacement driver. So, for the first time in a long time I'm now enjoying these speakers again.

Seriously, you were more help than the well regarded Hi Fi shop, who after months told me they couldn't find a part to fix it.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks again, I sent a request as soon as I responded to this answer. Six weeks later (!) they replied. And yesterday I received the replacement driver. So, for the first time in a long time I'm now enjoying these speakers again.

Seriously, you were more help than the well regarded Hi Fi shop, who after months told me they couldn't find a part to fix it.
Can I ask: how much did Tannoy charge you for the driver? And which one was it, the bass driver or the mid/treble one?

Upvote 0
Hi, it was £90 delivered. It was the second driver from the top with a blank face. It came very well packaged (as one would hope).

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom