Tannoy V's Mission

K

KLAUD911

I phoned around today to get some prices and was given very different advise from each shop.My Tannoys are now discontinued so getting the same model to use as the rears is no longer an option.One store advised on ditching the Tannoy's and getting a new full matched set of speakers.This will be too expensive.The other two options are:-

Put the Tannoy Mercury M1's on the back and buy a better set of speakers for the front.Along with a matching centre speaker.

OR

Just buy the Mission 77DS's for the back and hope they are compatible with the Tannoy's.I will probably buy a Tannoy MXC centre aswell if I decide on this option.

I have been using the Tannoy's for some time now and have been happy with them. However I have just bought the A/V amp and DVD more recently.So Home Cinema is new to me and I am really not sure what to do for the best.

Anybody out there using the Mission 77DS's without Mission fronts please advise.

Anybody else with advice feel free to voice your opion!

In the ten years that I have been playing around with home cinema I don't think that I have ever had rears that match the fronts. Whilst tonal matching is important for the front three it is less so for the rears.

I currently use Mission rears with Def Tech fronts and don't have a problem.

I haven't tried your proposed combination but have had Tannoy floorstanders at the front with Boston rears and again there was no problem so I can see no reason why your proposal shouldn't work satisfactorily.

I would say it is just as important to have the rears matching the fronts, more with D/D DTS etc, than it was with DPL. But at the end of the day if it sounds right to you thats what you go on, but my advice is matching brands as the first rule.

How about putting the Mercury's to use as surrounds and audition the R2/3's with a Revoulution centre.This is the combo i'm using at the moment and very good it is too.I find it difficult to fault.

klaud911 - whereabouts are you?

Only just switched from Tannoy M series to Mission FS2-avs,
so have a matching MC centre speaker available and possibly a pair of Tannoy M2 speakers also.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom