Tannoy V4 ? Never again !

Benja

Standard Member
Hi guys.I bought Tannoy V4 in Richersounds Belfast.Tannoy V4 made in China.First at all they could not make boxes properly and them gables looks like on this picture :

0_8ec58_6f385c61_L.bmp.jpg

Sound ? Same like them gables ! I used Yamaha RX V2600 for test them also I had TDL Studio 10,yes,this crap how you sometimes call them !

I connected Tannoy V4 to the A speakers output and TDL Studio 10 to another B speakers output.Sound from TDL was a lot more detailed.Sound from TDL was like stuff on shelves in warehouse.Every sound was on his place.Sounds from Tannoy V4 ? Was same like bananas in plastic bag when you shake this bag.I did not think very long,just put Tannoy V4 in them boxes and sold them for 120 pounds ,half price ! Tannoy ? Never Again !

After that I left TDL Studio in my house and will use them until TDL will naturally die.

Before I bought V4s I had Tannoy M1 ( still use them like rear ) Tannoy M2 and Tannoy M3.I Did not think V4 will so bad.

Last edited:

sergiup

Distinguished Member
It sounds like you had a very, very bad set - I've never seen them that bad, and I've definitely never even read of them coming out so poorly out of the box...

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
Point's already been made: let's wait for the OP to comment.

Benja

Standard Member
I did not understand why this speakers with bend gables got 5 stars award from Hi-Fi.Sound was really cheap , with lack of details.I used Sony DVD player trough HDMI conected to Yamaha RX V 2600 receiver.TDL sound was like singing priest in church ,Tannoy sound was like singing drunk man in plastic bag.I did not think long before i put Tannoy back to the boxes and sold them.There was great leasson for me Never Believe Any Experts ! Listen first if you want buy it.Sadly I could not do that in Richersounds shop.

I listen electronic chillout and ambient music.

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
I get the impression, that english is not your first language or even if it is (with my sincere apologies), can you explain what you mean by "bend gables"?

It's a fact of life that a lot of manufacturing has been moved to China but that doesn't automatically mean bad quality.

How long did you own the speakers for and to what lengths did you go to make sure you had them properly set up?

Normally, the reaction people have to a speaker is that they may not like the tone of it, but not normally that the sound is "bad". In all the reviews they come across as excellent VFM for £250.

Last edited:

Benja

Standard Member
Sorry about my english guys.

Bend ? Curved.I made picture ( my first post ) how they was looks like.That how is looks front of Tannoy V4.That mean there is no quality control in China at all.I am cabinet maker and I see those things very quickly.Not long,only one week.I am in audio for the last 20 years and I know about windows,walls,corners,carpets,curtains and other things.My first speakers was Tannoy M1,Tannoy M2,Tannoy M3 and I was happy about them.I still use Tannoy M1 as my rear speakers and Tannoy MC for center .Sadly,Tannoy V4 was not my lucky day.

S Bibby

TDL sound was like singing priest in church ,Tannoy sound was like singing drunk man in plastic bag.

Benja, I don't know who you are but I like your style. Seriously, what are Tannoy up to these days? Revolution sig has been replaced by the SE and according to an advert I read this month the dual concentric driver has been improved, though to be honest I didn't know if this was the case on the outgoing version. Think they're making everything in China apart from the Westminster and Kingdom Royal.

Last edited:

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
Why didn't you just take them back?

Welcome to AVForums by the way!

Last edited:

Benja

Standard Member
Because Richersounds does not accept returns ! Actually I did not tried because boxes was opened in my house :(.

Thanks

I have nothing against Made in China but I would like get 5 stars quality products if this product was recommended by professionals from what hi fi !

Last edited:

spyder viewer

Distinguished Member
Of course RS takes returns: no one is exempt from the Sale of Goods Act in the UK. still as long as you are happy!:)

sergiup

Distinguished Member
By the way, did you return these in the end, and go for something else?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom