1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannoy TS-8

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Hudson, Sep 1, 2005.

1. Hudson

Hudson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

Anybody had experiance of this little sub ?? i have a room measuring about 11ft by 13ft (dedicated AV), I have an all Tannoy 5.0 system with front floorstanders (635) and matching centre and rears. I though a sub would be a good thing to add around about now. Any opinions.

2. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I don't think with subs it's as necessary or useful to stick with one manufacturer, although having said that, I bought an tannoy arena sub to go with my tannoys. Actually, it's more correct to say I bought an arena sub to go with the decor of the living room.

It's a fairly small room, so you'd probably be advised to look at all the usual small sub suspects BK XLS200, etc.. The TS8 is supposed to be not too bad, either, I guess.

3. garyerr

garyerr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a TS8 and it sounds OK to me . I had to get a smaller sub to replace my old REL Q50 because I needed the sub sited in a different part of the room. I also needed a new sub that played the higher frequencies because of the size of my main AV speakers. Does it sound as good as my REL ? , it is difficult to say. It has a different frequency range, obviously doesn’t go as low, but I haven’t noticed much difference and the REL has gone now so I can’t compare.
    I don’t have all speakers in exactly the best place , but does anyone who doesn’t have a custom made room , and just uses their living room for watching movies, it’s a compromise.

4. snow

snow
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi there hudson,i have a ts10 being the next size up from yours and have found it an enjoyable sub indeed,it is matched to my mission V63 mains and centre with mission bipole rears . I replaced my old energy sub with this model just because of size mainly plus it was getting on a bit but foundthe tannoy matched the older sub very well,not maybe quite as much slam but not too bad, i found the tannoy is a very good musical sub keeps good rhythm with the rest of my set up.Hope this helps.PS have found that sealed subs tend to keep a better and faster beat than ported in my opinion.Paul: