Tannoy TS-10 or Cambridge Audio Minx x300?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Chronic, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Chronic

Chronic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  2. Chronic

Chronic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im currently demoing both of these & can't decide which one i like best, anyone with some input might help...

Each one sounds so different compared to the other i enjoy the difference but can't decide which is better all round

the x300 is a lot punchier & ff

the ts-10 is df & has much more warmth to it

i think i might stick with the ts-10 as the x300's phono sockets keep coming off, pretty shoddy for £350, although they just slip back on & it works as usual

3. Silverblack

Silverblack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +578
    I have the x300 and i have to say that it's pretty well built with solid connections, where ever you have demoed it at could have one with wear and tear.

i'm surprised how quick my one starts up and it doesn't have any hum or any noise related issues.... it also runs pretty cool and the bass is amazing for a sub so small volume isn't even set at half.

I Haven't heard what the ts10 sounds like,but i did have a BK gemini and although i loved that sub i sold it due to me downsizing and find the x300 to be a very good compromise, i also had the x500 but that was insane!!! the x300 gets the thumbs up from me.

Hopefully whatever you decide should be right for you.:smashin:

4. Chronic

Chronic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i returned the x300 & kept the ts-10 as i just felt it was warmer & more fine tuneable than the x300

when listening with the x300 i could tell where the bass was coming from but with the ts-10 less so

the x300 is a great little sub but my preference was the ts-10 in the end