Tannoy TFX 5.1 Speakers - Upgrade?

dougan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have just bought a Denon AVR-X2600 AV amp, my present speakers are Tannoy TFX 5.1.
I am looking to upgrade these, the only criteria is they must be of similar size.
The Q Acoustics 7000i Plus has caught my eye, would these be much of an upgrade over the Tannoy's?

Hey pal, did you get anywhere with this? I have the same tannoy speakers but looking at changing the front to the q acoustic 3000 range

I have just bought a Denon AVR-X2600 AV amp, my present speakers are Tannoy TFX 5.1.
I am looking to upgrade these, the only criteria is they must be of similar size.
The Q Acoustics 7000i Plus has caught my eye, would these be much of an upgrade over the Tannoy's?
HI Dougan do you know what db and frequency range of the TFX surrounds? im considering getting some but cant find the tech specs on them.

Just looked in the manual, and it says 140Hz - 78Hz. 85db .
Wired in my QAcoustics 7000i's yesterday, so my TFX's will be surplus to requirements!

Just looked in the manual, and it says 140Hz - 78Hz. 85db .
Wired in my QAcoustics 7000i's yesterday, so my TFX's will be surplus to requirements!
How does the 7000i's compare to your old TFX's?

The Q Acoustics will blow them out of the water I had some of the sfx 5.1 when I was starting out they was okayyyyy, now have some Wharfedale DX1 SE Speakers that are really good for the price

HI Dougan do you know what db and frequency range of the TFX surrounds? im considering getting some but cant find the tech specs on them.
Is it just surround speakers your looking for if so highly recommend the Cambridge audio minx M12

Is it just surround speakers your looking for if so highly recommend the Cambridge audio minx M12
cheers I have seen them the reviews were a bit indifferent. im just looking for some which will be easy to drive not for my AV amp but for the wireless rears for my soundbar which I currently have a pair of Tannoy 628 surrounds hooked up to the rear transceiver unit for the bar instead of the tiny Samsung supplied ones idea being that i will take the tannoys up to my bedroom to hook up to my av amp which ive got large Tannoy fronts and centre hooked up to already.

cheers I have seen them the reviews were a bit indifferent. im just looking for some which will be easy to drive not for my AV amp but for the wireless rears for my soundbar which I currently have a pair of Tannoy 628 surrounds hooked up to the rear transceiver unit for the bar instead of the tiny Samsung supplied ones idea being that i will take the tannoys up to my bedroom to hook up to my av amp which ive got large Tannoy fronts and centre hooked up to already.
Don't be put off by the reviews they are really good think they are 39 quid each and the brackets are 14 well easy to install too get em you won't be disappointed

cheers ill keep an eye out. they've been a few on ebay recently and I know some peopleare using them for atmos heights too.

Don't be put off by the reviews they are really good think they are 39 quid each and the brackets are 14 well easy to install too get em you won't be disappointed
currently at ÂŁ49 at RS. I note thsat its nt a 2way speaker so does the lack of a tweeter effect the dynamism and subtle rear effects?

currently at ÂŁ49 at RS. I note thsat its nt a 2way speaker so does the lack of a tweeter effect the dynamism and subtle rear effects?
No they are very good for the price get them off the Cambridge audio website they are ÂŁ39 each and you can choose black or white plus with the difference in price you could get the swivel brackets too, if I was going to get another setup them are the speakers if would use for a full 5.1 with one of the centre speakers from them.

what's the high frequency response and sound like on the minx 12 seeing as it doesnt havea tweeter?

what's the high frequency response and sound like on the minx 12 seeing as it doesnt havea tweeter?
Screenshot_20200122_172003_com.android.chrome.jpg

Tech specs are there, as for the sound for the price you probably won't get a better speaker, they do sound really good and like yourself I was looking at Atmos speakers for ages and finally settled on them, having a Atmos setup really does open up the front sound stage, its a shame you can't demo them however they are really good

I wouldn't worry about the fact of the tweeter, like I said they are really good for the price unless you spend more and again the frequency response, just get them haha

I wouldn't worry about the fact of the tweeter, like I said they are really good for the price unless you spend more and again the frequency response, just get them haha
haha, order placed now to get some brackets or stands

finally got them hereafter the courier was taking the P do you know what the mounting screw size is is it an M6 ?

Fir what? Have you got the brackets too? If you have the brackets have all the parts apart from wall plugs and screws to put on the wall

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom