1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannoy Sub

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by slamakn, Nov 30, 2000.

1. slamakn

slamakn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anybody heard/own the new Tannoy Merc Mxsub10 or it's predecessor the Msub10? It's retailing for around £170 and wondered if it is any good.

Also, any other good models for around the £250 mark would be appreciated as I can't really stretch to a REL!

Thanks.

------------------
    NPS

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you considered the Paradigm PDR10 or PS 1000 from Richer Sounds (£150 & £199 respectively).

I had my heart set on a Rel Q100 but just couldn't afford one yet, so I bought a PDR10 at the weekend to use until next spring when I would have been able to afford the REl.....

Now even though the Rel is undeniably better than the Paradigm I am so impressed with the PDR10 that I have decided to keep that....it really does sound much better than its £150 price tag suggests.

Why not have a demo st Richer Sounds and see what you think.

------------------
    "Why do I do this? Three reasons: the pay is good, the scenery changes, and they let me use explosives."

http://www.ypcc.co.uk

3. slamakn

slamakn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too wanted the Paradigm PDR10, but no sod can get hold of one in this country! Have been chasing my local Richer Sounds in Guildford for weeks and they reckon that no stocks will be arriving this side of Xmas. So have given up with them and decided to look at alternatives. I would still like a PDR10 as I have demoed one, so where did you get yours and do they have any in stock??

Please reply to put me out of my misery!!

Thanks.

------------------
    NPS

4. bigalroz

bigalroz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the MSUB10 and think it's excellent value. I got it recently for £199. I haven't heard the Paradigm so can't compare. Makes a big difference to the "depth" of the bass though! anything more powerful than this would be too much for the size of room I have.
    Check it out on my website HTTP://WWW.CARRICKCOURT.FREESERVE.CO.UK

------------------
    --------------------------------------------------
    couldn't think of anything interesting or witty that's why my signature is so sh***y

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I was very lucky to get my Paradigm PDR10 then ?

I just called my local Richer Sounds (Sheffield) and asked when they would be getting any in stock, and the guy said that one had come in that morning...so I asked them to hold it for me and went to pick it up on Sunday.

Didn't realise they were that hard to get hold off !

------------------
    "Why do I do this? Three reasons: the pay is good, the scenery changes, and they let me use explosives."

http://www.ypcc.co.uk