Tannoy SFX wall mounts for Atmos

LeeDicko

Hey everyone.

Just recently upgraded my amp to a Dolby Atmos ready one so looking to add some more Tannoy SFX Speakers a bit higher on the wall.

For the life of me though, I can't find any wall mounts that allow the bottom mounting like the Tannoys need, they all seem to be for back mountable speakers.

I could buy some more mounts that came with the Tannoys, but unfortunately these mounts don't allow the speakers to be pointing down slightly, which I would need.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

dreadline

Amazon product
I used these
They are very sturdy when tightened with the Allen key points and are adjustable to many different positions

I know the pics on the listing show a speaker fixed to its back, but you can angle these brackets upwards so that the tannoy sits on the top of a bracket
The longer stem is also removable so you can get them very tight to the wall

The bracket that fixes to the speaker does have two holes but you only need to use one as there is only one fixing hole for the tannoy. The existing fixing bolt for the tannoy fits through the hole of the bracket and once tightened up provides a very sturdy fixing with the rest of the bracket providing a good base for the rest of the speaker to lay on

These are much more sturdy than the very brittle and flimsy original brackets and give much more scope to twist and angle to your desired position

LeeDicko

Hey mate, thanks for your reply!

That looks like exactly the type of thing I need. I've just ordered a pair.

Thanks again!

dreadline

Hey mate, thanks for your reply!

That looks like exactly the type of thing I need. I've just ordered a pair.

Thanks again!

This is how they look
Top pic has me using the full extension pieces and 2 Tannoys as Front Height speakers so I can angle them as much as I want and also swivel left and right as much as I want
Bottom pic is a rear surround without the extension piece

IMG_20210410_125532.png
IMG_20210410_125552.png

Last edited:

LeeDicko

That is absolutely perfect mate, just what I am looking for!

Thanks so much, spent so many hours trying to find some wall mounts that work with these speakers!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom