Tannoy SFX Sub

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Haizum74, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Haizum74

Haizum74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi,

I am having a few teething problems with getting my sub set up as the kit I have had before has been all in one systems and has dealt with the sub by itself.
    Its connected up to an Onkyo 606 with the SFX Speakers too and I just need some advice regarding the Hz info. I currently have the fronts, centre and rears at 120Hz and the sub the same. Ideally should the sub and speakers be at the same setting like that?
    I have tried reading up on Hz and apart from the one time where I ended up on the Car Rental website I am rather perplexed.
    When playing DVDs I am getting bass coming through the floor but it doesnt seem to have the 'boom' I expected. I understand it shouldnt be too overpowering but it seems a bit 'wet' (ironic really I as I was testing it with Master and Commander)

2. ResidentDeagle

ResidentDeagle
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    set the sub to 60 or 80 hz you`ll get a smoother sound from the sub setting it to 120 hz i find makes it very boomy and make it sound like a cheap logitech set or something.

let me know what you think of the results i think youll be impressed.

60hz is probs better.

your speakers should be 80 hz.

3. ResidentDeagle

ResidentDeagle
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    i garantee you will notice a difference as the sub is meant to be set low.. and it`ll sound more natural and smoother.

4. Gixer1970

Gixer1970

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    How are you getting on with this ? I have the 607 and the following readings from auto setup with (check signature) speakers.

Front 40Hz
    Centre 100Hz
    Surround 120Hz
    LPF of LFE 100z

Speaker Impedance 6 ohms

I dont think I am getting the best form this set up and as the original post I feel the sub could be better.

many thanks.