Tannoy SFX 5.1 Vs Q Acoustics 1000 Series

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by mik_da_man, Jan 13, 2008.

1. mik_da_man

mik_da_man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi,

I am looking at getting the Onkyo TX-SR605 with surround speaker package from AV-Sales and am wondering if there is much difference in the 2 speaker packages?
    Tannoy SFX 5.1 and Q Acoustics 1000 Series
    I know that there is a £200 difference and I could stretch to the
    Q Acoustics but is the £200 worth the difference in speakers?

Also I have a pair of mission M33i's that I may use in the setup - anyone see any problem with this?..

Thanks

Mik

2. mik_da_man

mik_da_man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone got any advice? Or should i be looking at different speakers totally? I odds compact ones due to space.

thanks
    mik

3. Waser

Waser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    One of the packages of choice to team up with the Onkyo is the Jamo A102HCS5. Problem is it's sold out everywhere probably till start of Feb from discussions I've had with retailers.

Alternatively. There are the Wharfdale Diamonds which can be had for around £330, do a search on google for this deal. Those are highly regarded but more bookshelf style speakers.

You can also look at the Canton powerbuy thread in these forums to see the deals for the packages there. Some great discounts available.

Out of the Tannoys or the Q Accoustics. I think without doubt the Q Acoustics are the better speakers but it all comes down to budget. If you can afford it go for the Q's.

4. mik_da_man

mik_da_man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Cheers for that.
    So you would reckon the Jamo are better than the Tannoys or the Q Acoustics ?

Or better value for money?

Mik

5. Waser

Waser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    I'm not sure really everyone is different right. I'm sure there there are some that would prefer the Tannoys to the Jamos. You should decide on a budget and work around that. It's hard to compare the Q Acoustics and Jamos cause they are different price range but both well regarded and award winners.

If you want to save some cash and home cinema is new to you I would imagine the Jamos would be perfect. If you can find any... There are a few of us looking for some at the moment and looks like it's a bit of a wait till Feb as most people are out of stock.

6. mik_da_man

mik_da_man
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks.
    Since it's my first home cinema I reckon You are correct.
    I'll try and source the Jamo.
    I had some Jamo Monitors for DJ use before and they were were brilliant - till I Blew them @ a party :D

Cheers for the advice

Mik

edit: I found the Jamo A102 HCS5 in a shop 10 mins from where I Live In Ireland priced @ €400 - bit pricey but handy....