1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TANNOY RSUBi5

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by abnett26247, Jan 6, 2005.

1. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :laugh: Ive asked about this big sub (15 ins driver) aprox 50 x 50 x 50 and not many replies on the forum some one said he recalled it to be flabby he seemed to remember, it used to sell for £700 and its heavy 75 ibs/ wow.but any way to day i found a dealer who has two for sale he wants £280 for them and so i travelled today and road tested this big big sub and some smaller ones , well im gobsmaked !this tannoy is tight /clear sounds good with musicand awesum with startrek dvd i heard it with, the Rel / big mission that was £400, the maurdent short 909, and a big kef £500 he had to compare the tannoywith where not in it , the crystal clear tight sound of the tannoy blew me away. the guy in the shop said it was about to be up graded so were selling them off cheap , BUt i think any one who listens to the tannoy is going to want one at this price !!! fantastic imho. now here is the amazing thing E BAY have them direct from tannoy,( key tannoy speakers)brand new with 12 month warranty buy It now for £170 + £10 postage ie £180 for these fab subs. includes real wood veneer (only have black left) . when i rang tannoy today they have plenty so you could ring direct like i did ?,Ive orderd on e bay mine just now and think this is a great pruduct at a silly silly price , at this price you can resell it and loose nothing .,but my ears tell me this is staying for a long long time Richer sounds have a great review of this tannoy on there site click reviews under sub woofers it got 5/5. . abnett 26247 ALL JUST MY OPINION BUT WOW WHAT A BARGAIN. :D

2. Kazman

Kazman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +139
    Sounds like you are happy with it :D which is the main thing, and goes further to prove that we all have our own tastes when it comes to what we regard as good sound :) SO MAKE SURE YOU AUDITION PEOPLE :D

3. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    THANKS KASMAN. Yes for that price and for that value and sound imho i think the price tannoy are selling them off its worth mentioning to any one interested in a big sub for a lot less than a mini sub .cant be described as flabby, if you have a large room like me this sub is superb value right now, :rotfl:

4. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Did you buy the two?

5. avjon

avjon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I agree with your praise for the Rsub15. I bought one last Jan. and am seriously impressed with it. It has so much power that I am able to use it with so much in reserve that it ounds superb. It certainly is a mightily heavy unit and is beautifully made.

avjon