Tannoy Revolutions in home cinema

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Dave S, Nov 1, 2000.

1. Dave S

Dave S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone out there tried using Tannoy Revolution speakers anywhere in a home cinema outfit?

I am considering R2 fronts, R1 rears and the new RC centre. Any comments?

2. Bapapapa

Bapapapa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the R2s as mains and they are awesome. I will also be getting R1s and the RC very soon to complete the set.

Obviously demo them first, but I pretty much guarentee you will love them. [​IMG]

3. Bapapapa

Bapapapa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    BTW I initially had a 300 quid budget for all my speakers, but after demoing the R2s I blew the whole lot on them & some speaker wire/bananas. [​IMG]

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Be careful if you've got a small room. I auditioned the R2s in a smallish demo room and found the bass boom to be unbearable.

In a large room, the R2s may be able to "breathe" better. They've certainly had good reviews.

Moral of the story: audition them yourself (and at home if a dealer will let you)!!! (and buy from a dealer/shop where you can return them if not satisfied).

I'm going for Mission 773e's (which have less, but well controlled bass) + a REL sub to fill in the sub-bass below room resonance.

Hope this helps.