Tannoy Revolution XT 6F

Bob DeRosa

Novice Member
I currently have Klipsch RP 600M speakers in my 2 channel listening room and I am happy with them. I plan to move them over to the tv as part of a new surround system in a different room. For my 2 channel listening room I am considering the Tannoy Revolution XT 6F. Can someone who has experience with them tell me (qualitatively of course) how much of an upgrade I should expect? Will it be dramatic? I would love to audition them but there isn’t one within driving distance to me.

My system is FLAC files from a NAS, Marantz ND8006 streamer, Marantz PM8006 integrated amp, Klipsch RP 600M speakers, SVS SB-1000 sub.

gibbsy

The Tannoys will not be so forward in the treble as the Klipsch because of the lack of the 'horn' design to a traditional tweeter on the Tannoys. Coupled to the Marantz they are going to sound more laid back and more musical. They are a very quick responding speaker seem to to everything well. Very much suited to Marantz.

You will need to give your ears time to adjust to the different audio presentation as it is going to be different. I think you'll also find more detail in the mid range as the treble will not over power it. A fine speaker.

musicphil

I had a pair of the Tannoy XTF6 - a great looking [light oak finish] speaker that does sound very good in the right room, very nice controlled bass and as gibbsy says a very musical speaker.

Bob DeRosa

Novice Member
Thanks to all for the replies. I have recently heard a pair of Monitor Audio Silver 300 speakers and they sounded fantastic. They are a significant upgrade to my RP 600M speakers (which I am very happy with). Of course this is to be expected at 4x the price.

I have just muddied the waters:(

mark6226

I have a pair of these waiting to be sold when covid crisis passes. I ran them for a couple of years and liked them. I bi amped them and they had a nice amount of power. They had decent balance and are a decent all round Speaker

Bob DeRosa

Novice Member
I pulled the trigger on the Monitor Audio speakers and they sound great with my system. I’m very happy with them on all levels.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom