1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannoy Revolution R3 and RC Question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Bassbin, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I'm currently using these as my front speaker set up and am delighted with the results. When the new cinema room gets built this summer the limited space will mean the R3's will be too tall to fit under the screen and they'll be no room either side of the screen. Could I use 2 more RC centre speakers for the left and right channels?

Does anybody else use centre speakers for the main channels or is there something very wrong with the idea. The will only be for movies (the R3s can go in the other room for hi-fi). Notionally the ideal of having identical speakers across the fron seems to make sense and they would all be at the same height and on the same typ of stands.

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    In theory this is possible, I think B&W actually used this concept in one of their series (the speaker was called LCR).
    How it sounds in practice I can't tell - that would depend on the performance of the speaker itself.

3. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Well I've ordered 2 more RC centres to try this out. Yesterday I tried listening to one R3 and my RC as a stereo pair and they were close on sound (as one would hope) the RC was slightly louder and the R3 had deeper bass. Will add a note when I get them set up although the change is actually required for the new cinema room later this year.

4. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
  5. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Thanks, missed that I might give the guy at Tannoy a call and change my order after some more reading.