1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannoy Revolution R2 Will They Match?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by abnett26247, Jan 7, 2005.

1. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    IVe bought new a pair of tannoy revolutions R2 s to be the fronts with my also new also new and also unpacked R2 revolution centre both v big. ive been told the two pair of also new unopened tannoy MX 2 s i also bought for the rears 7/1 are less than a perfect match to the big different model range on the front revolutions??Is that correct ,? because they where all ment to be used as surround for music , ie i should have bought tannoys revolution R2 s also for the back, insted of the tannoy smaller MX 2 s, Im not sure what tob do sell the lot, e bay ect or try to buy new or second hand tannoy Revolution R2 s for the rear maybe using just one pair of the MX 2 s to make it 7/1 in the corners . any advice please or does any one know where i can purchase anouther set in BLACK ONLY Tannoy R2 s ? Seems tannoy have no more Revolution R2 s i had the very last pair this week, many thanks for advice or even if you know of any seconhand R2 s youve seen for sale .This is not an add its a cry for help.

2. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    The obvious choice for rears would have been the R1's.The rears do make a diff, especially when listening to multichannel music.

Russell

3. roman-r

roman-r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    http://www.petertyson.co.uk should have R2s and owning a pair myself I highly recommend them ;)

Don't sell them, just break them in over a couple of all night plays from your radio and enjoy - it's easy to get to absorbed by what other people say ;)

4. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    YES LIKE TO KEEP THEM BUT WHERE CAN I FIND ANOUTHER PAIR FOR THE REARS AS YOU SY YHAT WOULD BE IDEAL< THEN JUST SELL THE 2 PAIR OF MX " S < > GOT TO FIND SOME R2 s ?????????????????????????????

5. 337GUS

337GUS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
  6. roman-r

roman-r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164

If you go to the Peter Tysen link I originally posted and click 'Deals and Offers' then 'HiFi Speakers' you will find R2s :)

Assume they are still in stock

7. abnett26247

abnett26247
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    THANKS ONLY RED NOT BLACK STILL SEARCHING