Tannoy P30's

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hektic, Apr 25, 2002.

1. hektic

hektic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Guys

I have Tannoy P30 floorstanders as my front speakers and would like to upgrade them. There fine for movies but not great with music, I like the look of B&W's 603's but would they be a step up from the P30's or would I have to spend even more ?

I will go and demo some speakers soon but if anyone can give me some ides :)

Thanks for any help

2. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I demoed these a long time ago and they weren't good at all. Global Hifi, where I had the demo, can A/B switch between a large variety of speakers. At the time, the old Kef Q55's were the pick of the bunch, alongside the now discontinued Tannoy Profile 638+.
    I like KEF speakers a lot, and the new Q range is certainly a step up from the older Q ranges, which will mean a big leap up from your P30's. If you can find them, the JBL Xti series is also pretty good. I haven't heard the B&W speakers for some reason, though too many people on these forums think highly of them for you not to listen to them.

Russell