1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannoy MR Rears

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by PaulBoy, Nov 9, 2000.

1. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I was looking for some decent rears to replace my existing not so good ones and initially looked at the MX1 which is very highly rated - Unfortunately they are too big for my room and I cant find any reviews of the MR's which are about the same size as my existing ones ... Has anyone got them ? Are they any good ? Are there any reviews I can look at ? Thanx ... Paul

------------------
    "Hi my names Paul and I'm a dvdaholic ..."

2. lukas

lukas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Paulboy,

for some reviews look at the surround speaker section of www.audioreview.com.
    I own 2 m1's. I believe the Mr's are twice the costs of the M1, but they are far more audiophile. Its sound is more 'spacier', because of the more expensive wood they used for the cabinets.
    Hope this helps you!

3. bigalroz

bigalroz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

I think Lukas is getting confused. Tannoy MRs are actually a bit smaller than M1s and usually sell for around £70 I think. Check out the tannoy web site www.tannoy.com for more info.

------------------
    --------------------------------------------------
    couldn't think of anything interesting or witty that's why my signature is so sh***y

4. wwwebber

wwwebber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I have the Tannoy MR's. They are indeed smaller than the M1's (about half the size). I needed smaller rear speakers due to space and have found that these little gems are just great.