Tannoy Mercury v4 vs Mercury F2 for home theatre

Roigen

Standard Member
Hiya.

Me and my wife are moving to another apartment and really want to get rid of the ugly small bookshelves my Mercury F2s (L/R) were sitting on. Since all the furniture we like seems to be expensive and wife won't accept speaker stands, the best and cheapest solution I have come up with would involve selling my old Mercury F2 bookshelf speakers and buying the Mercury V4s floorstanders to replace them.

I know most people tend to prefer bookshelves to floorstanders for home theater, but since they would be newer and more expensive speakers, do you think the might actually sound better? They would be about 3-3,5 feet from the back wall and plenty from the sidewalls. The room will be medium size with high ceilings. Would cross them over at 80Hz like all the others, since I really like my sub. Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Th rest of my gear:
Avr - Denon 1912
Center - Mercury F1 Custom
Surrounds - Mercury F1s
Sub - BK XLS200

Roigen

Standard Member
The distance from the back wall would actually be 1-1.5 feet. Got confused by the metric system for a sec.

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
In the £250 to roughly £300/pr price range, I suspect the Tannoy Mercury V4 would be a very good choice. I can't think of anything in that price range that comes close to them, and they should be a reasonably match to your other speakers.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:

PSM1

Distinguished Member
Although the Vs should be a resonable tonal match to your F centre I think I would still be tempted to change to the matching V centre as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom