Tannoy Mercury V4 - Sample

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by BlueWizard, Jul 14, 2015.

1. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,305
    I'll readily agree that most of the time YouTube videos SUCK! But occasionally you get one that is well done and can give you some sense of the speakers.

I've not heard the Mercury V4 in person, but based on this video, I'm pretty impressed with them for their very low price.

Tannoy Mercury V4 with Yamaha AX 892

I would say that on a good day, relative to audio equipment, 1 in 20 YouTube videos is tolerable. About 1 in 100 actually resembling good.

You can't tell everything from these videos, but I firmly believe you can tell something. Though you never want to base our impression on a single video. You need to listen to 10 or 20 of a given speakers do have even a remote sense of whether the speaker in question is worth pursuing further.

Sometimes we make do with what we have available to us.

Steve/bluewizard

2. BlueWizard

BlueWizard
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,305
    Very crisp detailed speaker. The singer breathy voice comes out clearly. The Piano, within reason, sounds natural. Clear life-like horns.

Considering how cheaply you can get these speakers ... not bad.

Steve/bluewizard

3. Michael Bayleaf

Michael Bayleaf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I used to have a pair of these. They come cheap indeed and sound very clear. My main problem with them was that they produced a very narrow "sound field". You had to sit in the sweet spot for them to sound good and even then I felt I was missing out. I've since upgraded to a pair of B&W's which made my music collection really come to life.

4. Chrisharry12345

Chrisharry12345

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,259
    I have these in the lighter wood as well as the center and two rears. I love them but im about to sell them as living in a semi detached with not the largest living room just isnt working..

If your looking for some let me know and ill list them in the classifieds