Tannoy Mercury V1 or Mission MX1, Which one Wins?

Which Speaker would you recommend?

• Total voters

mavmbuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi am looking at getting some new Bookshelf speakers for my 5.1 system and would like to ask you (the experts) which speaker you recommend and why out of the two?

Both have had great reviews 5 out of 5 on what HI FI but need help to make the right decision and to push me to one or the other.

I know before you say it best way to go DEMO some out but Swindon is looking a bit crap when it comes to good HIFI shops?

Would love to hear from any one who has them as part of there setup!

Review
Mercury V1 technical specifications | whathifi.com
Tannoy Site
Tannoy - Residential - Summary

Review
Mission MX1 review from the experts at whathifi.com
Mission Site
mx1 - Mission
Also finding it hard to find RMS reading on the missions mx1 or is it just me???

Thanks in advance for your time and help. :D

Room location: living room small/medium sized
Speakers will be sat of recommend stand.
Amp being used: Yamaha RXV671

Listened to both 2 days ago when buying new speakers, the mission range all sound better then the tannoy's in my opinion. I went for the mission mx3's in the end

Listened to both 2 days ago when buying new speakers, the mission range all sound better then the tannoy's in my opinion. I went for the mission mx3's in the end

What type of music did you listen to? What made the Missions give you that the tannoys were lacking?

Cheers :)

I listened to a variety of music,from lady gaga (the shop had the CD) to drum and bass and some classical music. The Missions bass sounded clearer and more refined and i think all of the Tannoy speakers including the V1's were less clear when loud using the same amplifier. I tried Both ranges on 2 different amplifiers, the Marantz pm6003 and the Yamaha AS500 with the same outcome. If you do get a chance to demo them try some other speakers before you make your mind up. Richersounds says this about the MX1's "Power Rating (Watts) Maximum power output long term/short term (RMS) 100".

All of this is just my opinion and i don't know much about speakers, but a demo will help you get the best speakers for you. Try and bring your amplifier with you as well. :)

I listened to a variety of music,from lady gaga (the shop had the CD) to drum and bass and some classical music. The Missions bass sounded clearer and more refined and i think all of the Tannoy speakers including the V1's were less clear when loud using the same amplifier. I tried Both ranges on 2 different amplifiers, the Marantz pm6003 and the Yamaha AS500 with the same outcome. If you do get a chance to demo them try some other speakers before you make your mind up. Richersounds says this about the MX1's "Power Rating (Watts) Maximum power output long term/short term (RMS) 100".

All of this is just my opinion and i don't know much about speakers, but a demo will help you get the best speakers for you. Try and bring your amplifier with you as well. :)

Cheers Sw33t, :smashin:
Yea might have to take a road trip out of Swindon to visit some good HiFi Stores.

Thanks again for your post mate :thumbsup:

No problem :) There are a few Richer sounds near (ish) to Swindon if you drive, There is one in Bristol, Bath and Reading. Check their website richersounds . com

Any one know how good Tannoy Eyris 1 speakers are? As have the option to purchase some for under £200 : )
Is it worth it you think? Just looking at reviews now.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom