Question Tannoy Mercury M3 Speakers?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by kajat, Apr 14, 2016.

1. kajat

kajat
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have taken advice from a previous question and am looking at 2nd hand equipment due to a low budget.

I've been offered a pair of Tannoy Mercury M3 speakers for £65.

Are these good speakers for a budget system and is this value for money?

2. Eagle 123

Eagle 123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I had these before are they floor standing as the mercury I had were floor standing think they m2 or 3 they generally light on the bass but have a good midrange and treble they probably sound polite but I upgraded to kef r700 you don't say what amp you got as the amp I had were marantz pm 66se which are not as good as the current roksan I got

3. Gregsta

Gregsta
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I would snap them up for 65 I have a pair of these and they sound amazing considering their price new back in 1997 I think they were 230. But mine are powered by a marantz 6004 and I think some of the credit needs to go to my amp. You won't be disappointed by the sound but they need a bassy amp to drive them or they sound dull. The the 66e is a very nice amp and would drive the tannoys perfectly ,and it was the last amp I had them paired with before i bought the marantz 6004, the 66se are very old amps now and just for that reason I would not buy one.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017