Tannoy Mercury M1's

K

KLAUD911

MY CURRENT AV SYSTEM CONSISTS OF YAMAHA 510 DVD,SONY STRDE 445 AMP, SONY JE530 MINIDISC PLAYER AND A PAIR OF TANNOY MERCURY M1'S.

I AM LOOKING FOR A PAIR OF REAR SPEAKERS THAT WILL COPE WITH MUSIC ASWELL AS MOVIES.

SHOULD I GET A REAR PAIR OF TANNOY'S OR WOULD I BE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH A PAIR OF MISSION 77 DS 'S?

ALSO WILL A CENTRE SPEAKER MAKE A GREAT DEAL OF DIFFERENCE?

VIEWS AND ADVICE WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Please switch of your CAPS. This is considered shouting and hence rude.

To your question:
In general it is advisable to match all speakers (same brand and series), so another pair of M1 would be the best match. Or consider adding two M2 and move the existing M1's to the rear.
And yes, please add a dedicated center speaker, the Mc is an excellend and affordable choice, used it myself before.

You could however compromise on the rears and used the Mission 77DS which are a bipolar design, hence spreading the sound better than the above speakers yet being more localised than dipoles.

Using direct radiating speakers like the M1 or the bipoles is a matter of personal taste.

Oh, I just noticed this is the wrong forum. Please do not duplicate questions, especially not if they are off-topic (this was in the DVD Player/Recorders forum)!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom