1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannoy MC Centre - Any Good?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by hutchingsp, Jan 20, 2003.

1. hutchingsp

hutchingsp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been down my local dealer to check out a B&W LCR60 centre speaker - nearly choked when I saw how deep it is, how do they expect you to stick that on a telly?

Anyhow, I ended up getting a used Tannoy MC for £50, it's mint and indistinguishable from a new speaker - though I never do understand how a centre speaker can be anything but mint since you stick it on a telly and leave it there?

I've connected it and, without wishing to sound OTT it's almost like the old speaker (4 year old Mordaunt Short 209c Richer Sound special) must have had a blanket on it.

I think I did quite well for the money, and I guess it's what I think that matters, just wondered if anyone has any thoughts (MC is too short to search for)?

regards
    Paul

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Replaced a Yamaha NS-C80 (I think that was the model) with a Tannoy MC quite a few years back, from what I can remember it was a fairly capable speaker, the reviews at the time gave it good marks. Couldn't fault the build quality, for a budget speaker it wasn't a lightweight. Had it matched up to some Tannoy MX2's to begin with and blended in nicely, then it was placed with some Mission M73's floorstanders again no major problems. IMO one of the better centres around in it's time for the price. Not bad for £50. :)
    Tannoy MC review Tannoy MC reviews

3. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Tannoy MC excellent centre speaker:)
    Far better than the Mission 77C1 rubbish i had to listen to for a year before Mordaunt Short brought out their THX stuff:cool:

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    I purchased th Mc last year for £50 Brand new old stock, to replace my ageing Jamo centre 200, which retailed for £200, the Mc totally blows away my old Jamo and matchs my M3 mains nicely. I would say you have gotten a good buy at £50.
    Great sound from a small Box :)