Tannoy hts101 v q acoustics 2000i v MA mass v other, help

j1mgg

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been looking for getting an amp(more than likely Yamaha 675) and a set of 5.1s, was looking at getting q7000 but these have all gone from richer sounds at £350.

I want to spend at most £800 and have seen some good deals on a website.

What are the best for a small 2.5m x 3m room from the above, or other options are available.

Mainly be for watching TV, movies and gaming.

Thanks

I've got the Tannoy HTS101 5.1 set and they are perfect for my little den. Solid build, sounds good (to my ears) and they look fantastic

If you are getting the Yamaha receiver then I would look at the QAs or Mass from your list since it really deserves better speakers than the Tannoys to get the best from it. Another one to look at would be the Monitor Audio Vectors.

Southeastjedi I was definitely looking at the tannoys because of the reviews and price, but was wonder if a 1 year old £500 set of speakers is better than a 2 year old £800 set.

I have seen the monitor audio vectors for a steal, but wasn't a 100% on them! also seen the audio mass in a shop and the subwoofer looks huge.

Thanks for the thread copicuk, are you any closer?

I think I will buy separate cable(package I was looking at came with some free cabling) as the carpets go down in the next 2 weeks, and take my time to do a bit more reviewing, maybe even see if I can get a demo.

Thanks

I've got the Monitor Audio Mass but have yet to use them :(

Mine are currently sat in my brothers spare room waiting for me to move to set them up.
Wife didn't want all the hassle of putting them together only to take them down again when we finally move.

I will concur that the sub is MASSIVE!!!
The thing weighs a ton, lifting it on my own to move it from mine to my brothers was a feat & something I don't really fancy repeating again (I live in a top floor flat, no lifts & 3 flights of stairs)

If I ever get them setup & you are local you would be welcome for a listen.

I got my set including Stands for £600 (I think...been that long can't quite remember) from HiFix in November last year...yes I have had them sitting untouched for 6 months :facepalm::facepalm: (Amp is worse I've had the one in my sig almost a full year now & haven't set it up)

Looking at the Yamaha 675 and the audio mass 5.1 will cost me £800 with 25m of cable thrown in at richersounds sounds.

Thanks for the offer sound wave, I offer the same invitation to you if you are near edinburgh and I get them set up before you. At the moment I just have a room full of paint cans, fridge freezer, and other decorators stuff, so I may also be a while.

I decided to go with the Yamaha 675, monitor audio mass 5.1, using van damme blue cabling and a subwoofer cable.

I managed to get the amp, 5.1, subwoofer cable, and 30m of symphony 300(this has been used in another room) for £800.

I decided to go with the Yamaha 675, monitor audio mass 5.1, using van damme blue cabling and a subwoofer cable.

I managed to get the amp, 5.1, subwoofer cable, and 30m of symphony 300(this has been used in another room) for £800.
Nice one, I think you'll be very happy.
fyi I have put a detailed review of Tannoy101 vs MASS with Yamaha 675 here

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom