Question Tannoy HTS Sub Settings - Newbie

dkingdom

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

relative newbie here with not much of an idea beyond the basic Audyssey setup on my Denon AVR-X2200. It's matched with the Tannoy HTS 201 5.1 speaker system and sub.

I have no clue about crossover etc. so am wondering what would be typical settings for the rear of the sub?

crossover / volume / phase?

any help much appreciated...

upload_2017-7-31_19-31-5.png

relative newbie here with not much of an idea beyond the basic Audyssey setup on my Denon AVR-X2200. It's matched with the Tannoy HTS 201 5.1 speaker system and sub.

I have no clue about crossover etc. so am wondering what would be typical settings for the rear of the sub?

crossover / volume / phase?

Hi, have you run Audyssey on the Denon? (just plug the mic in the front and follow the on screen instructions)

Before you do that, on the back of the subwoofer, set the crossover to off (or its highest position), set the phase to 0, and set the volume to around half way or just above (around the 12-1 o'clock position) Your speakers are rated at 100hz so I'd expect Audyssey to set the crossovers inside the AVR to around 100hz ish after auto EQ

If you don't want to use Audyssey for whatever reason then just set the crossovers manually in the Denon setup menu.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom