1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannoy FX5.1 :(

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Bubbauk, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Was listening to music this afternoon and my brother came in and was checking each speaker was working and stuff, he then realised that there was a dent in the tweeter (Convinetly the day after he was showing his mates it :rolleyes: ) on the centre speaker which sits on top of the tv so i think he may have knocked it over somehow. So i have emailed Tannoy wondering if their warranty will cover it as im not sure if the speaker came to me like this as i never checked them but just wondering how you think they will decide.

If they dont replace it i have the option of replacing it with the same speaker or going for a better quality one (which i need anyway but was avoiding splashing out).

So what way do you think they will decide on and if they decide not to replace it which do you think i should go, buy a new speaker or a replacement one the same?

Thanks for any opinions.

2. plonky

plonky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    May be worth taking the opportunity to get the centre speaker that comes with the replacement EFX 5.1 package

3. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah i was just looking at that, as i dont want to get something that wont match in aswell but that efx speaker looks good and is only £5 more than a replacement fx5.1 one, plus the efx ones are made of metal and betetr build quality.

Cheers for the reply.

Ill wait untill i receive an email from Tannoy, if they say i have to pay for it then looks like i will have to dip into my car savings :(