1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannoy fx1 or Elac cinema 1 ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by step_one, Jan 24, 2004.

1. step_one

step_one

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi , im new to this and have just ordered a pioneer d812 receiver ,what is gonna be a good speaker package for this , i only have a small living room and my wife says no big speakers so i was looking at the Tannoy fx1 pack , the elac cinema 1 pack inc xl centre speaker or possibly the mission fs1av speakers , which would u guys suggest as i do like a lot of cd aswell as dvd.Any help is greatly appreciated.By the way bugdet about £400.

2. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All about on a level but FS1 are lower quality but prettier (FS2AV are going for about the same prices, much better) Tannoy would be best cause they are going for stupid prices now, Elac cinema1 are next and at retail prices would win out, but the missions do look the business when setup properly.

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    are the series one KEF eggs available still - do you want new or would 2nd hand suit?

Plenty of people on here have the kef eggs and swear by them - nice and compact so wife friendly too :)

regards
    Gary

4. Wasabi

Wasabi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    SBC (Swedish Born Chinese)/lived in UK since 96, C
    Ratings:
    +32
    step_one,

Just to let you know, if you didn't already knew, that hifibitz (noticed by onewingedangel) selling the tannoy fx5.1 for 148pounds, and Richers sounds should beat it by a tenner ending on 138.

Quite few members here bought it already the super low prices between 170-200, but this is an outrageous bargain price!!!

Wasabi

The link is here http://www.hifibitz.co.uk/product.asp?id=1508