Tannoy FX Speaker Stands Help

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Loftusrd1980, Sep 14, 2007.

1. Loftusrd1980

Loftusrd1980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
  2. veryexcellent

veryexcellent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I was looking for some of these a while back, think that was the only place i could find them too, left it in the end.

3. jwruk

jwruk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The stands in your link say they are for the EFX rather than the FXs. I've got the EFX's and the stands come supplied with a bracket which is held to the bottom of the speaker with a supplied screw. The bracket then sits straight on top of the stand. I'm not sure how different the FX's are to the EFX's in design underneath.

4. veryexcellent

veryexcellent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I believe the efx sats are identical to the fx ones, the difference between to two are the center and the sub.

5. kmm66d

kmm66d
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can confirn this. I have the FX speakers but bought the EFX stands from Peter Tyson, this was the cheapest I could find, and they fit both.
    The centre speaker and sub are the only differences.

6. quarry2006

quarry2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    They definitely fit, then? I had a real problem finding speaker stands for my Tannoy FX speakers and went with some stands from Argos in the end. Bl**dy appaling they were and, over the past twelve months, one by one, they've broken. Tonight, the missus knocked into one which was held together at the joint by some superglue. That's another stand gone.

In a fit of pique, I've chucked 'em and now I'm looking round for replacements, but this time decent ones. On a link to the EFX stands I saw earlier today, it expressly states NOT suitable for FX or SFX. Anyone any idea why they'd say that if, indeed, they do work with the FX speakers?

7. quarry2006

quarry2006

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    I contacted Tannoy direct, confirmed the stands were suitable and bought them over the phone. Later that day they phoned to clear up an issue with my card - they'd written the number down wrong - and after getting that sorted they said they'd get them to me soon as possible.

They arrived the very next day. Apart from great service, the stands are spot-on.

Should have gone to Tannoy in the first place instead of wasting time with sub-standard fare from the likes of Argos.