• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tannoy DC2 dual concentric drive

back to mono

Novice Member
Hi , I have pair of Tannoy Senys DC2 speakers , the dual concentic drive unit has failed , no HF.
I have tried to find a replacement unit but with no luck , so am wondering if anybody has one or knows where I could one

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Well TANNOY would be the first Port of Call. Contact them. Other than that, this is a proprietary driver, you won't find a general aftermarket replacement for it.

Alternately, perhaps find one or a pair for sale on Ebay or other used equipment sites, and scavenge the best parts of both to come up with one set of functioning speakers.

Steve/Bluewizard

back to mono

Novice Member
Thank you for your reply , replacement unit is not available from Tannoy , I have searched Ebay and every site I can I find , not to be found !

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Thank you for your reply , replacement unit is not available from Tannoy , I have searched Ebay and every site I can I find , not to be found !

I can't think of any Concentric Replacement driver. You could potentially switch to separate Tweeter and Woofer. That would require some rebuilding of the cabinet.

However, given that Tannoy still makes concentric drivers, they must have one that is close to what you need.

Can you confirm that this speakers has TWO tweeters, and internal and an external sitting on top of the cabinet?

Tannoy Sensys Loudspeaker System

From this page, it appears that the Crossovers are at -

Tannoy Sensys R User Manual. Page 2

250hz
1800hz
16,000hz

You might want to make note of that.

That is going to be hard driver to duplicate.

Can you give us some sense of how the driver failed? That is warped voice coil, torn cone, other?

Also you say NO Treble, but it has two Tweeters, are you getting nothing from both of them?

Steve/bluewizard

back to mono

Novice Member
Thanks Steve, yes 2 tweeters , cone is not damaged , cant say if the tweeter on the top is working or not , think it may operate at a frequency to high for me to hear , possible crossover failure maybe ?
John

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom