1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannoy Arenas - I'm impressed!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Sulis, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Heard the Tannoy Arenas at the Bristol Show today - I thought they were pretty impressive. Certainly made all the other small sat/subs I've heard sound weedy. Anyone else had any experience with them?

2. zoolander

zoolander

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use the Tannoy Sensys DC1 speakers in my music system and they are by far the best speakers ive owned- the dual concentric drivers Tannoy use are excellent, giving precise imagary and killer midband, bass can be abit light but its just because its not exaggerated and its certainly very fast sounding. The treble is also extremely refined thanks to the super tweeter. I think the Arena series which use a smaller 10cm Dual concentric drivers will give similarly priced rivals a run for their money in temrs of style and sound, especially the KEF eggs which are quite frankly, overated IMHO.

Zoo

3. Ed Selley

Ed Selley
    AVF Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,330
    When they make a production version I'll pass comment. Currently I'd be open to discuss what is going to happen sooner, the Apocalypse or the availability of the Arena.

4. johnnycab

johnnycab

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I first saw them in Harrods, of all the places - about 2mths ago in Bronze, with their stands. I fell in love with them, considering I already own 2 pairs of Tannoy speakers. I asked the guy the price, and he said they were not on sale yet.

However, I also heard them and saw the other colours today at the Bristol show - I think they are still good, but overpriced! £200 for a single speaker and £249 for a pair of stands!!! - I cannot afford them at present.

I also saw/heard the Canton's and was suitably impressed - I am very seriously considering buying a pair for my rear speaker setup, from Germany. Another set of speakers that impressed me were the Focal's - very versatile. Albeit, they are not ultra cheap - but they have the pedigree.

5. Sly

Sly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    i saw these at the show and imho they were being overdriven , i asked the guy to turn them down a touch and i thought they sounded good at more moderate volumes.
    i may give them an audition if they become available at the right price as i only have a small room.
    the wall mounting brackets are worth a mention too as the ball socket idea was very practical and very well made.

6. Beobloke

Beobloke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    I saw them at the show too and on seeing the white one on the matching stand i had 1 reaction - TELETUBBIES!!!

Can't comment on the sound i'm afraid, i stood in the room for about 5 minutes whilst the chap from Tannoy did a lot of button pressing and talking and i'm afraid i got bored and wandered off!

Adam.