1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tannoy Arena

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by vonhosen, Apr 9, 2005.

1. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Anyone had a demo yet ?

2. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bumping this post as I'd also like to know what they are like, particuarly with movies!

3. Pat Marcus

Pat Marcus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Consider also the New Mission M-Cube range.

4. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    The problem for the Mission M-Cube range is that the satellites lower frequency response isn't too good. I seem to think that it is 200Hx or something? That would make the sub very noticable. The Arena's not only use Tannoy's wonderful dual concentric drivers, but also crossover to the very descrete sub at 80Hz.

Russell

5. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    Had a listen to the M-Cubes ages ago when they were first announced. Our rep brought them in, set them up and let us listen to them. To be honest they weren't my cup of tea but I can appreciate their appeal and that fact the surrounds can be changed to suit almost any decor. If anyone is looking to keep the satellite speakers to the minimum size they are worth a listen but I think I personally would try to accomodate something slightly larger to get a more coherent sound.

(This post has been edited as my previous entry was a little too scathing of not only the product but of Mission themselves which in hind sight was unfair and uncalled for.)

6. Crustyloafer

Crustyloafer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,239
    The Tannoy Arenas on the other hand are a very differnet kettle of fish. We listened to them on Thursday, very lively, great sound cohesion between all satellites and the subwoofer. Overall, very nice but a little to late for the rep who brought them in a two days after the we had just signed up to take on the new B&W Mini Theatre range, which look fabulous. We now have these set up in our demo room and are in the process of running them in.

7. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +51
    No. I thought that Mission were doing alright? Mebbe it is the new Pilastro and Elagante R&D costs that need to be recouped?

Come on - you know the lure of those dinky dual concentrics are worth putting them in your shop! No? Oh well.

What is the spec of the B&W sub/sat arrangement you have - do the sat's cross over lower than 100Hz?

Russell

8. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi can someone tell me what the following are like compared to each other as I'm really having a hard time choosing. Also I will not be taking the included sub but have opted for Rel Storm V.

JM Labs Sibs with the larger floorstanding front and seperate centre.
    B&W M1 satellites
    Tannoy Arena

9. alliwant

alliwant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sarah, have you tried the A Gallo micros or Adiva's? you can get discret wall mounts and a new ceiling bracket now? Although i would like to know what others thought of the arena's v's M1 sats. The mags seem to rate the new tannoys!!!

10. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No I haven't tried them, there is already more than enough choice!

I've read the magazine reviews and they do seem to rate them highly although I've always been a little skeptical regarding mag reviews, you always hear rumours of them being biased etc :(

11. Justhandguns

Justhandguns
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Umm, in fact, I am quite interested in how the Tannoy satellites perform on their own without the sub. They are very good looking if one can use a pair as mini bookshelf speakers!