Tannoy Arena 5.1 - opinions??

B

Barold

Just in the process of setting up a system in my new home and am looking to buy speakers and a receiver to go with a 507xd Pioneer.

I like the look of the Tannoy Arena speakers, for their style and also their performance (magazine reviews). I can get the full package (minus speaker stands) for £800 and consider this to be a good deal considering they retail at £1,200.

However I was hoping a member of this site may have these speakers or may have heard them and could give me an honest opinion as to their performance as I'm somewhat of a novice at the whole home cinema thing :D

Also if anyone has alternatives that they feel would be better than these speakers I'd be very grateful to hear about them.

Thanks in advance.

jon smith

If you're looking at smallish speakers the obvious choices would include: B&W MT20/30, Anthony Gallo Micros, M&K Xenons, Monitor Audio Radius or the Aego T's mentioned above.

A lot of your preference will come down to aesthetics and the make of amp they will be connected to. The Tannoy Arenas are very good value at £800 (in my opinion) although you do no to pay the extra for stands/wall mounts - the mags love them, although they do get mixed reviews on here (but then again most kit does to some extent).

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom