"Tanks" for the memories!!!

stearman65

Established Member
Reaction score
t1.jpg
Taken during last weeks wet Shropshire holiday at the Cosford RAF Museum.
Steraman65
Exif info.
Panasonic DMC-FZ1000
ƒ/2.8
  • 9.1 mm
  • 1/60
  • Flash (auto, fired)
  • Hide EXIF
  • JFIFVersion - 1.02
  • X-Resolution - 258 dpi
  • Y-Resolution - 258 dpi
  • Make - Panasonic
  • Orientation - Horizontal (normal)
  • Software - Adobe Photoshop Elements 10.0 Windows
  • Date and Time (Modified) - 2016:06:20 11:02:57
  • YCbCr Positioning - Co-sited
  • Print IMVersion - 0250
  • ISO Speed - 200
  • Sensitivity Type - Standard Output Sensitivity
  • Exif Version - 0230
  • Date and Time (Original) - 2016:06:14 11:02:35
  • Date and Time (Digitized) - 2016:06:14 11:02:35
  • Components Configuration - Y, Cb, Cr, -
  • Compressed Bits Per Pixel - 4
  • Exposure Bias - 0 EV
  • Max Aperture Value - 2.8
  • Metering Mode - Multi-segment
  • Light Source - Flash
  • Sub Sec Time - 531
  • Sub Sec Time Original - 531
  • Sub Sec Time Digitized - 531
  • Flashpix Version - 0100
  • Color Space - sRGB
  • Sensing Method - One-chip color area
  • File Source - Digital Camera
  • Scene Type - Directly photographed
  • Custom Rendered - Normal
  • Exposure Mode - Auto
  • White Balance - Auto
  • Digital Zoom Ratio - 0
  • Focal Length (35mm format) - 26 mm
  • Scene Capture Type - Standard
  • Gain Control - Low gain up
  • Contrast - Normal
  • Saturation - Normal
  • Sharpness - Normal
  • Interop Index - R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)
  • Interop Version - 0100
  • Compression - JPEG (old-style)
  • Thumbnail Offset - 1372
  • Thumbnail Length - 8134
  • Application Record Version - 0
  • IPTCDigest - e8f15cf32fc118a1a27b67adc564d5ba
  • Displayed Units X - inches
  • Displayed Units Y - inches
  • Global Angle - 30
  • Global Altitude - 30
  • Photoshop Thumbnail - (Binary data 8134 bytes, use -b option to extract)
  • Photoshop Quality - 6
  • Photoshop Format - Progressive
  • Progressive Scans - 3 Scans
  • XMPToolkit - Adobe XMP Core 5.2-c001 63.139439, 2010/10/12-08:45:30
  • Creator Tool - Ver.2.2
  • Metadata Date - 2016:06:20 11:02:57+01:00
  • Orientation - Horizontal (normal)
  • Make - Panasonic
  • Native Digest - 256,257,258,259,262,274,277,284,530,531,282,283,296,301,318,319,529,532,306,270,271,272,305,315,33432;C36A636BDDEA2490ED47DE04700B5934
  • Format - image/jpeg
  • Color Mode - RGB
  • ICCProfile Name - sRGB IEC61966-2.1
  • Instance ID - xmp.iid:F315BF29CE36E61194CB9D650F91A5AB
  • Document ID - xmp.did:9782F084F335E61186FA8C7A5DBE7C6A
  • Original Document ID - xmp.did:9782F084F335E61186FA8C7A5DBE7C6A
  • History Action - created
  • History Instance ID - xmp.iid:9782F084F335E61186FA8C7A5DBE7C6A
  • History When - 2016:06:14 11:02:35+01:00
  • History Software Agent - Adobe Photoshop Elements 10.0 Windows
  • History Changed - /
  • Viewing Cond Illuminant - 19.6445 20.3718 16.8089
  • Viewing Cond Surround - 3.92889 4.07439 3.36179
  • Viewing Conditions Illuminant Type - D50
  • Measurement Observer - CIE 1931
  • Measurement Backing - 0 0 0
  • Measurement Geometry - Unknown (0)
  • Measurement Flare - 0.999%
  • Measurement Illuminant - D65
  • DCTEncode Version - 100
  • APP14 Flags0 - Encoded with Blend=1 downsampling
  • APP14 Flags1 - (none)
  • Color Transform - YCbCr View attachment 728513 View attachment 728513
  • Camera ID - 72157643811934375

Nice shot - both a Plane and a "Don't Mess With Me" Automobile :D

Nice pic. Shame that info board is in the way but I guess they don't take too kindly to you removing it to take a photo ;)

Nice pic. Shame that info board is in the way but I guess they don't take too kindly to you removing it to take a photo ;)
I use my images for AV shows, the info board tells the viewer what they are looking at & I can zoom in the image to make the words legible. So its inclusion was deliberate. I do have another image of the ALVIS Saladin without the board, but I think little Jimmy looking for information for his history exam would be very please it was included. BTW it was bonded to the floor.;)

So nice of you to consider my Educational needs :D

There, that's better. And sorry for hurting your feelings. I shall not make another comment.
It's not my feelings, but negative comments of the type you made could be construed as a means of creating an aura of rejection from others!!!

It's not my feelings, but negative comments of the type you made could be construed as a means of creating an aura of rejection from others!!!

..."suck it up" ;) - if you enter a shot for a Compo. then by definition it's "Open Season" on it as far as comments and critique go IMO and it's "RIA" if the commentator wishes - doesn't bother me... I've got thick skin ;) - if I don't particularly like some aspects of a shot then I say so - I try to explain why and that may not always come across as constructive - but "hey ho" I don't lose any sleep over any negative (as perceived by me) comments or feedback on my paltry efforts - in fact I really like folks honest opinions on my entries - and postings elsewhere on AVF.

Jim

Hi Jim
There's criticism & criticism IMO. I've been posting images in digital competitions for almost 10 years now, latterly in DPR which has strict rules. The comments about my image by another member re the sign board were a valid comment & I included a reply why I had included the board. The comment you are referring to is one of the reasons I think there aren't many posts in this section & could be construed as an attempt to discredit someone elses image. Personally I like a bit of competition, but negativity is no competition IMO. I'm new here & this is my first attempt so I'll see how things go.

I should have just said " it does nothing for me I'm afraid " which is the most common comment here, when someone is not into your photo. A comment I have received myself numerous times. I am now starting to see that despite it sounding a bit off putting (like the people here can tell you I've said on many occasions), it's still the best comment as it leaves absolutely no room for anyone to get offended by some secret meanings only they can see. Like I said, I am sorry for hurting your feelings. We all have had our first attempt on this competition and our policy here is honesty. We don't go laying it on if we don't like someone's photo. I don't know where you came from, but there's barely ever any rudeness here. Your comment to ME was the rudest I have ever received on this forum. So there. And this is the final I'm going to say about this issue. If you want to talk to me more about it, then please send a private message. No need to wash the laundry here and ruin the atmosphere of the whole forum.

I should have just said " it does nothing for me I'm afraid " which is the most common comment here, when someone is not into your photo. A comment I have received myself numerous times. I am now starting to see that despite it sounding a bit off putting (like the people here can tell you I've said on many occasions), it's still the best comment as it leaves absolutely no room for anyone to get offended by some secret meanings only they can see. Like I said, I am sorry for hurting your feelings. We all have had our first attempt on this competition and our policy here is honesty. We don't go laying it on if we don't like someone's photo. I don't know where you came from, but there's barely ever any rudeness here. Your comment to ME was the rudest I have ever received on this forum. So there. And this is the final I'm going to say about this issue. If you want to talk to me more about it, then please send a private message. No need to wash the laundry here and ruin the atmosphere of the whole forum.
I didn't see your comment M but I like your honesty and have never known you as being offensive tbh.

As for the "it does nothing for me" comments that are sometimes left I do this myself sometimes and from my point of view it's because there's nothing wrong with the picture per se and so nothing in particular to criticise, but it just doesn't float my boat :smashin:

Hi Stearman65 welcome to the competition :) It's a well taken photo however I find the crowded background distracting from the subject - I'm trying to figure out what the plane is and there Is not enough for me to know. A closer crop or shallower DOF might have been better. Just my opinion, hope it's helpful.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom