1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tangled up in HD?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by wannabeav, Feb 15, 2005.

1. wannabeav

wannabeav

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a couple of weeks looking through the forums and considering the purchase of my first plasma :) I’m pleased to say that I’m more confused than ever!

I have been looking at the Pioneer PDP435 XDE, Panasonic TH42PE30 and the Panasonic PWD7. After a trip to AV Sales it looks like I have a winner (probably…maybe). Although both the Panasonic’s had a marginally better PQ, this will be wall mounted and for ease and convenience the external box with the Pioneer just takes the lead.

However…although this will not be used for Sky, I would like the option of feeding HD DVD as it becomes available (or providing HD content through a DVI video card from the PC until it does), along with the option of watching the occasional tv prog.

The question is do I put the stake in the ground now and take the plasma and live happily ever after or wait until plasma screens with a 1920*1080 resolution become (a little) more affordable? Will the content via 1080 be worth keeping the 28” CRT monster for another year? Am I worrying about nothing :confused:

Due to the cost, this purchase will need to stay with me for a few years ahead so any thoughts or advice on this would be gratefully received.

EDIT: Just found a similar thread please ignore