1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tangent D-400 DiVX DVD Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by sapper44, Jun 25, 2004.

1. sapper44

sapper44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Called into my local Maplin store today.They have got this player Tangent D-400 DiVX DVD Player for sale in the shop and on line for £59.99.Has anyone got anything on this one here's the link. http://www.maplin.co.uk/

2. Mumblesh

Mumblesh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. sapper44

sapper44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Thanks for the reply.Have purchased this player and I am well pleased.

4. mallyonline

mallyonline

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also just purchased this item from maplin and highly recommend it.

5. sapper44

sapper44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I have been using the player for a bit now.It is not perfect but none of these type of players are.I d/l a few films and it seems to have a prob with xvid. so I rencode the film using Dr divx and It has never failed to play all the way through.I also get the counter top left and have to remove it every time i watch an avi.I dont know if the problem's with xvid playback could be my media as I havent tried anything else.Anyway I still think it is a good player sound and pic very good, money well spent me thinks.

6. jGrahamD

jGrahamD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Does anyone know if this has a 1.33 zoom setting, i.e., fill a 4:3 screen with the central portion of a 16:9 source (in the absence of pan/scan coding)?

7. sapper44

sapper44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I am watching on a 4.3.Went to menu had three choises picked the one that fitted tv and that was it.

8. jGrahamD

jGrahamD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    If you set the aspect ratio to pan/scan and show a 16:9 anamorphic DVD that does not have pan/scan encoding, it will normally convert it to letterbox. Some DVD players have a zoom setting of 1:33 which effectively allows you to zoom in to the central region, thus recovering the vertical resolution but cropping the sides. That is what I was after.

9. rd350ypvs

rd350ypvs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have just received this player and for the money it is excellant. I put 2 mp3 folders, divx 3.11 avi and photos on a dvd and it played them all flawlessly, mix and match what you want, slam it on a disc and play, why can't all dvd players do that lol

andyw

10. jackuzi

jackuzi
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have also bought one of these and I think it's a nice player. I have a problem thoguh that I'm trying to sort but not quite getting there.

I have an MPEG1 avi that won't play so I thought I'd convert it to a divx5 (using Dr. Divx v 105). Once converted the audio was out of synch by just over 1 sec. Tried to work out what I'd done wrong but couldn't.

I then installed virtualDub and re-synched the audio correctly. Trouble is the resulting file is MASSIVE ie 6 minutes = 9 Gb!! Where am I going wrong please peeps?