Tally LG TV power problems (not turning on)

n solano

Standard Member
Just trying to find out how many people have bought an LG TV & had power problems where the TV doesn't turn on properly. If you can state the model and how old when the problem happened that would be awesome.

My problem and experience with LG model 37LF7700:

Having same problem where TV standby light comes on and logo appears momentarily then TV does not come on properly (blank screen but backlight is on slightly).

Bought TV March 2010 then problem happened Jan 2011, LG came to fix as it was within warranty period. Problem has happened again November 2011. Contacted LG to fix problem but they fobbed me off to domestic & general who tried to sell me some 'plan'. Contacted LG again got the response that they were unaware of a common problem like this (bull-s???)

Had a response from Head office that they are willing to pay 30% of cost to fix TV which is totally unacceptable. If they have sold me a faulty product which isn't of satisfactory quality and that is going to break every few months and expect me to pay to fix it they are having a complete laugh.

Either there was a problem with the TV from the start or they have not fixed the TV properly when they came out in Jan.

Sending a letter to Head Office now and expecting a better response.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom