Tall rack anyone?

kirk grubb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi.

Im after a rack to house my gear....
Will need to hold a 50" plasma,xbox 360,ps3,skyhd, and a soon to be amp.

Only thing is....It needs to be atleast 590mm high as my plasma is 50mm too wide to fit in rectangular window sill area.So i need rack to be proud of window sill height.(hope this makes sense!)

Ideal measurements would be 430mm deep x 1170mm wide x 590mm high.

All the racks i have searched for seem to be around 500mm high....

Looking to spend around £100.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Hi.

Im after a rack to house my gear....
Will need to hold a 50" plasma,xbox 360,ps3,skyhd, and a soon to be amp.

Only thing is....It needs to be atleast 590mm high as my plasma is 50mm too wide to fit in rectangular window sill area.So i need rack to be proud of window sill height.(hope this makes sense!)

Ideal measurements would be 430mm deep x 1170mm wide x 590mm high.

All the racks i have searched for seem to be around 500mm high....

Looking to spend around £100.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks

Just how ' around ' is around ?

I have a stand that was more expensive than your budget but whose design would work in your situation. My ' Optimum ' equipment stand has a Pioneer 608D Plasma TV sitting on its table top and the stand also houses a B and W center speaker on the shelf below the TV. The thing is that the Design is one that may well suit you since it is modular and the shelf heights can be regulated by using spacer columns of different lengths.

Naturally there is a practical limit to the height of such stands against their base dimensions BUT I reckon that you should be able to find something that would suit you in my supplier Stand and Delivers stock, but ... that £100 price point of yours is going to be a problem.

Frankly spending £100 to support a 50" Plasma TV plus its 'supporting cast ' of equipment just doesn't make sense but why not phone , Stand and Deliver .. who have a sale on at the moment :rolleyes: ... and ask their advice? ...

Plasma & LCD TV Stands and Cabinets, Hifi & Speaker Stands at Stand and Deliver

You can get that height and given a bit of give in the load tolerance then maybe something like this will do ....

Optimum AV-300SL - Optimum AV Range - Optimum Stands - Stand and Deliver

I don't consider that your budget is practical but who knows what they might have in B Grade stock? It doesn't hurt to ask. :devil:

Good Luck with your Hunt.

Arnold.

Just how ' around ' is around ?

I have a stand that was more expensive than your budget but whose design would work in your situation. My ' Optimum ' equipment stand has a Pioneer 608D Plasma TV sitting on its table top and the stand also houses a B and W center speaker on the shelf below the TV. The thing is that the Design is one that may well suit you since it is modular and the shelf heights can be regulated by using spacer columns of different lengths.

Naturally there is a practical limit to the height of such stands against their base dimensions BUT I reckon that you should be able to find something that would suit you in my supplier Stand and Delivers stock, but ... that £100 price point of yours is going to be a problem.

Frankly spending £100 to support a 50" Plasma TV plus its 'supporting cast ' of equipment just doesn't make sense but why not phone , Stand and Deliver .. who have a sale on at the moment :rolleyes: ... and ask their advice? ...

Plasma & LCD TV Stands and Cabinets, Hifi & Speaker Stands at Stand and Deliver

You can get that height and given a bit of give in the load tolerance then maybe something like this will do ....

Optimum AV-300SL - Optimum AV Range - Optimum Stands - Stand and Deliver

I don't consider that your budget is practical but who knows what they might have in B Grade stock? It doesn't hurt to ask. :devil:

Good Luck with your Hunt.

Arnold.

Thanks again for link.

The rack would need to be atleast 590mm high.....Anything above that will be fine.
I will give them a ring today and see if they can offer me something that would suit....

I dont want to spend to much on rack because im renting at the moment....When house prices hit rock bottom, (late in year hopefully:lease:) i will then buy a house and will probably buy a rack to suit new room...

Cheers

Hi Graham.

Thanks for the info.
I love this rack....Only thing is the price.

Also i can see me getting a 60" plasma end of this year,so maybe this rack would be redundant...?

Regards
Kirk

Hi

No where near you budget but our 'CUBO' matches your preferred dimensions almost perfectly; 450 deep, 1180 wide and 550 high.

M-Form - "CUBO" AV Table for 32" to 50" TVs

The TV can be mounted up to 775 high to clear the sill.

Bit too pricey though?

Regards

Graham

HI

The rack would be fine for a 60" as long as the fixing points and weight fell within the stated limits. The rack is incredibly stable and secure....hence the price ;)

Regards
Graham

:D
Thanks again for link.

The rack would need to be atleast 590mm high.....Anything above that will be fine.
I will give them a ring today and see if they can offer me something that would suit....

I dont want to spend to much on rack because im renting at the moment....When house prices hit rock bottom, (late in year hopefully:lease:) i will then buy a house and will probably buy a rack to suit new room...

Cheers

Despite the risk of my being Called to Account for Defending a system that I've already bought I will repeat that the Strength of the Optimum system is that not only will the ' Optimum ' Stand carry a 60" TV ... mine hasn't collapsed yet :devil: .. but it is flexible in that those vertical tubular supports can be mixed and matched to suit your center speaker and the rest of your gear in various shelf spacings and the thing comes flat packed so that when you move it can move too ... unless you discard the Box as I did. :D

Still, even fully assembled it's more than sufficiently robust to be moved in its Assembled State .. and Assembling it is a Good Deal easier than assembling Ikea ' Billy ' Book Cases. I deserve a Nobel Prize for Billy Bookcase Assembly.

Much more Expensive than your Budget, but - you didn't tell us of your planned Move. The said move makes spending a lot more on a solid but flexible system that will cope with your, soon to be bought 60" Plasma screen, a lot more sensible.

How much do you intend to spend on your 60" TV ? And on the Stand /Rack that will support it?

Oh, COME ON !! ... " Also i can see me getting a 60" plasma end of this year,so maybe this rack would be redundant...?

... " and ... " When house prices hit rock bottom, (late in year hopefully) i will then buy a house and will probably buy a rack to suit new room... " And you intend to spend .." Looking to spend around £100. "

Ho, Hum .. rock bottom indeed. :devil: Buy now with a view to adapting later. We are now in the midst of the Second Great Depression of the Past 100 years ... things Move Fast these days .... but people move rather more slowly if they have any sense. :)

The Range is here if other viewers of your thread are interested ...

http://www.standanddeliver.com/acatalog/optimum_tv_stands.html

Arnold.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom