Talktalk Youview box failed (again)

IronDuke70014

Novice Member
My latest Talktalk Youview box has just failed (this is the third box that has failed) and I assume TT will
expect me to pay for a new one so having decided that buying cheap TT crap is a bad idea anyone got a good alternative for watching catch-up TV so the kids can still watch old episodes of Spot bots
and the like off Cbeebies?

Cheers.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Fire Stick?
Chromecast?
Now TV box?
Humax/BT YouView Box?
Freeview Play box?
Smart TV?

Lots of devices have BBC iPlayer capability. Any will do it.
BTW, what do you do to kill the Hauwei boxes from Talk Talk?

IronDuke70014

Novice Member
Fire Stick?
Chromecast?
Now TV box?
Humax/BT YouView Box?
Freeview Play box?
Smart TV?

Lots of devices have BBC iPlayer capability. Any will do it.
BTW, what do you do to kill the Hauwei boxes from Talk Talk?

I think it is just a natural talent I have!! :)

Thanks for your response. :thumbsup:

TJT1

Distinguished Member
It would still be interesting if you explained your 'natural talent' for breaking three boxes.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
I was thinking dodgy electric socket(s) frying the wall warts (needing the sockets investigating/replacing) or overheating the psus and/or boxes by covering the ventilation slots or enclosing them in cabinets, hence reducing lifetime.

A1944

I wonder if the problem is not three boxes which have failed, but one aerial which is useless and so the boxes cannot cope with the very poor signal.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
I wonder if the problem is not three boxes which have failed, but one aerial which is useless and so the boxes cannot cope with the very poor signal.
That wouldn't stop the iPlayer from working on them, though, would it?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom