Talktalk modem problems

kj23

Hopefully someone can help with this, i'm ok setting up a new modem but anything beyond and i'm a bit lost so tech questions and solutions may baffle me
Previously has Sky, then plusnet and recently moved to talktalk. Got the new modem, set it up no problem. I now seem to have wireless printer/scanner and music streaming issues.
I use an older brother printer via wifi, never has any problems in the past but now I cant seem to get it working properly. Tried re installing and tweaking settings, now it somehow now knocks the whole net off when I try and use it, have to reboot modem to get net access back. Even tried a wired connection and no luck there either.
I have 2 logitech squeezebox booms connected to a NAS, one upstairs via wifi and one downstairs which is connected to the NAS which in turn is connected to the modem. It's a bit laggy when scrolling through the music which it never used to be. My problem though is trying to control the players via my phone using an app, orangebox. It wont connect to the server and i get timeout messages or if it does it doesn't load up properly, that's never worked since I got this new modem.

In "my network" when it shows connections and devices something called dhcppc7 i think it was, no idea what that is but presume it's related to my issues.

I've not altered any settings on the modem since i got it, it could be a simple fix or they may not be compatible but if anyone has any advice/help i'd really appreciate it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom