talksport radio-brazil and irani

deantown

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have been waking up to the alan brazil breakfast show for afew years now,but from tomorrow i shall be tuning in to 5live. the reasons being 1. i cannot bear listening to ronnie irani any more,he has not got a clue what he is talking about,whoever employed him on a talk show must have been deaf. 2 derek thompson (tommo) talking about horse racing i have never heard such a slimy grovelling person such as him and he always has to use suggestive innuendo . whew glad i got that off my chest! is it just me or do others feel the same.

Yes he's annoying and a total lightweight. Almost as bad as 'Captain Lightweight' Richard Bacon on late night Radio 5.

Worst radio sports "journalist", imho, has got to be Garry Richardson of 5 live's Sportsweek, Wimbledon (usually in a bad suit or anorak) etc, etc ..
- irritating voice, irritating and embarrassing interviewer who actually thinks he's some great investigative journalist despite his stupid questions and inability to understand his interviewees' answers. He makes Alan Partridge look like Paxman.

Massive Brasil fan but can't stand Irani, hasn't got a clue and does my head in.:thumbsdow

HTML:
Worst radio sports "journalist", imho, has got to be Garry Richardson of 5 live's Sportsweek, Wimbledon (usually in a bad suit or anorak) etc, etc ..
- irritating voice, irritating and embarrassing interviewer who actually thinks he's some great investigative journalist despite his stupid questions and inability to understand his interviewees' answers. He makes Alan Partridge look like Paxman.

I'm with you here Krish, a very irritating man.

i have been waking up to the alan brazil breakfast show for afew years now,but from tomorrow i shall be tuning in to 5live. the reasons being 1. i cannot bear listening to ronnie irani any more,he has not got a clue what he is talking about,whoever employed him on a talk show must have been deaf. 2 derek thompson (tommo) talking about horse racing i have never heard such a slimy grovelling person such as him and he always has to use suggestive innuendo . whew glad i got that off my chest! is it just me or do others feel the same.

You've really got it in for him haven't you? :rotfl:

CLICKY

Havent ever listened to TalkSport, but 5live is absolutely shocking recently. Richard Bacon is awful, Nicky Campbell is also shocking. The debates are always absolutely ridiculous - Are there too many immigrants in the uk? Have you lost faith in your MP? Its always absolute drivell.

I listen to radio 4 nowadays, even though it is a bit old man it actually has content (and the comedy on thursdays is ace :smashin:)

Cannot stand Ronnie Irani either. Him and John Gaunt really put me off listening to Talksport in the mornings.Thankfully Gaunt has gone, one to go.

Yes I have to agree about Irani, he's not up to the job.

Brazil is quality though always have a little chuckle when the inspector gadget theme tune comes on.
Also like Henk Potts as well in a kind of way

Is Talkfootball still on the air?
I used to listen every day, but haven't for ages. I can't stand Brazil-or is that Mr Freebie?
They all talked drivel when I last listened in. Parry used to take ridiculous stances just to get the phones ringing. The two idiots in the afternoon were the worst broadcasters I've ever heard. And they got rid of Gaunty's non sports based show, with whom I didn't often agree, but was good entertainment at times.

Bring back Talk Radio. That was great. Loved Scott Chisholm's show.

Is Talkfootball still on the air?
I used to listen every day, but haven't for ages. I can't stand Brazil-or is that Mr Freebie?
They all talked drivel when I last listened in. Parry used to take ridiculous stances just to get the phones ringing. The two idiots in the afternoon were the worst broadcasters I've ever heard. And they got rid of Gaunty's non sports based show, with whom I didn't often agree, but was good entertainment at times.

Bring back Talk Radio. That was great. Loved Scott Chisholm's show.

...and Tommy Boyd

Jon Gaunt was terrible. It was funny at first, cutting callers off and having a pop, but it wore thin very very quickly.He couldnt have a discussion with someone.If they disagreed...goodbye.

Most of the best shows are the non sports ones. I quite like Ian Collins.Made a point to listen when he was reintroduced to the 10-1 slot.James Whale I liked.
By far the worst show is Andy Goldstein? and Jason Cundy on a Sunday evening.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom