talked to Denon UK, yesterday.

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by zcaps57, Sep 28, 2002.

1. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I talked to Denon UK yesterday. He was one of guys from technical side. And he was aware of things more than I expected.

I initially called Denon UK to find out when exactly the new shipment of DVD-A1s arrives in UK. Well they he said it arrived today as of Friday at the dock.

Anyway...he knew existence of chroma upsampling errors in 3800, and A1. Also.. He knew about Jeff Talmadge (aka DenonJeff) who is active at AVS, and knew about the firmware fix which has been available for about 2 months in U.S., and Asia.

According to him, firmware fix for current 3800/A1 users are on the way. He said they were definately working on it.

well... why takes this long to modify the firmware for European version is beyond me. :rolleyes:
    I thought I'd share this. :)

2. markbuffyfan

markbuffyfan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanx z region 1 discs are out there already at sevenoaks to do region 1 on 3800 £35 - £50 but we want pal prog 2

3. zcaps57

zcaps57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My current A1 does PAL progressive. My point was the chroma bug. not multi-region.