Tale of Woe: Quick scan request to check my Acer projector is Toast!

cinemanaut

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi Everybody.

I have enjoyed my Acer Projector, it is the h6510bd 1080p and cost me 800 euro originally. It has served me well.

Now it has giant cracks all over the projected image...

I only want to double check the old girl is completely toast. I reached out to some firms who do projector repair but in the end nothing back.

Sadly when I changed the bulb everything went horribly wrong. You'll see in the photos. That bulb got recommended by Amazon as well so there is a warning... When I went to get the more expensive OEM bulb I thought that might fix it. Nope.

Let me know what you think please. There are no obvious cracks in the lens or bulb.

Attachments

• SAM_4484.png
    SAM_4484.png
    994.9 KB · Views: 36
  • SAM_4482.png
    SAM_4482.png
    913.9 KB · Views: 36
They're not cracks, but dirt and dust in the light path. Try turning the focus ring and they will probably come into focus.

Not sure how you managed to get that much muck in there, but a good clean out with a puffer brush is probably all it needs.

They're not cracks, but dirt and dust in the light path. Try turning the focus ring and they will probably come into focus.

Not sure how you managed to get that much muck in there, but a good clean out with a puffer brush is probably all it needs.

Thank you, I will check that out soon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom