1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

taking the plunge

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by machinehead, Oct 20, 2005.

1. machinehead

machinehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    i am now going to order the philips 37" 9830 who do you guys recommend on the net?.i have been to pricerunner,has anybody had good/bad experiences,please let me know.
    regards machinehead

2. TJNewton

TJNewton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Macinehead

I used RGB Direct. I ordered my Tosh 32WLT58 and Tosh SD350E by phone on Wed, paid for the 6 - 10 day delivery, got a phone call on the following Fri to say they would be delivering the next Mon three days early. Order arrived about lunchtime on the Mon all present and correct. Excellent service.
    'Spose you can only fully judge when they have to deal with faulty items but I've not seen any complaints so far.

3. machinehead

machinehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    rgb was one of the ones i'm looking at.i purchased my yamaha 2500 from germany due to the recomendations from the guys on here.it's a cracking amp.b.t.w how do you find the 350.i'm looking at that as well for the hdmi on it.have read a lot of mixed reports on it.i don't really understand the ins and outs of upscailing ect ect.that is new territory for me

4. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,412
    if they have one try www.webelectricals.co.uk, I ordered a Samsung LCD on my lunch break and it was in my grubby mits when I turned up for work the next day...guy called Lev was very helpful...highly recommended.

5. machinehead

machinehead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    hi decadence no joy there i'm afraid,thanks anyway

6. Solomon Grundy

Solomon Grundy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,412
    not to worry...:)

7. TJNewton

TJNewton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I think the SD350E gives a very good performance for a cheap stopgap player which enables you to take advantage of HDMI until Blu-Ray or HD/VD players become available. Be aware that RGB supply a multi region version of this player. Not sure how they do it but I do know there is a handset hack for it. My mate sent his back and got a region 2 replacement because he was getting intermittent pausing on playback via HDMI, a known problem apparently. Although I've now played a few DVD's R1 and R2 on mine and it has only happened once on Star Wars One. If you already have a decent DVD player may want to try it via component before taking the plunge.

The one thing that does annoy me, and others I'm sure, is the very bright blue LED light that goes right across the disc tray. It can be turned off but you have to do it every time you turn the player on.