Taking the Plunge

gozzy

Well it looks like I'm taking the plunge into DLP ownership :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Looks like I may have a buyer for my Tosh 40" rear pro, if so I'm off to Currys to get a Samsung SP46L3HX :smashin:

D

D Craig

Hi Gozzy

Can you please let me know what you make of your Samsung as i looked at this model in Currys today. Bit out of my league cost-wise, but still keen. Interested to know if you have put a gaming console through it, and whether you can tell me about bulb life/likelyhood of bulb damage as Currys say they do not cover the bulb with extended warranty.

Cheers

D Craig

KableMan

Hey Gozzy

I too would love to know what you make of your new samsung DLP as i've been looking at this model for some time alongwith the Toshiba 46" equivalent. I've been reading up on the forums too but can't decide. I too have to sell my 40" rear pro. Toshiba before making the jump - i'm definately going DLP just need to choose a make & model! No easy task! Any additional feedback from a recent purchaser would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
KableMan

C

Carl_Docklands

Kableman I bought my tosh dlp in December, its a good solid tv.

KableMan

Thanks Carl - I've held back on the Toshiba because of the blurring issue when panning. Initially it sounded quite serious but i've had feedback that its not a big issue at all and is effected by viewing angle (height) and brightness/contrast. So now i'm seriously considering the Toshiba because of its reported level of sharpness and detail which appeals and I feel is key for DVD/HD. Although some have said this shows up bad feeds such as analogue (which i'm not likely to use anyhow) and poor quality digital on cable/satalite/freeview - I have telewest digital and it gets very ropey sometimes. How have you found these aspects?

I notice that you have the HD945 - how have you found its performance? I'm looking to upgrade to a HDMI capable DVD player along with the TV.

Cheers
KableMan

schnipps

Standard Member
KableMan said:
Thanks Carl - I've held back on the Toshiba because of the blurring issue when panning. Initially it sounded quite serious but i've had feedback that its not a big issue at all and is effected by viewing angle (height) and brightness/contrast. So now i'm seriously considering the Toshiba because of its reported level of sharpness and detail which appeals and I feel is key for DVD/HD. Although some have said this shows up bad feeds such as analogue (which i'm not likely to use anyhow) and poor quality digital on cable/satalite/freeview - I have telewest digital and it gets very ropey sometimes. How have you found these aspects?looking to upgrade to a HDMI capable DVD player along with the TV.

I notice that you have the HD945 - how have you found its performance? I'm
Cheers
KableMan

Hi, ive got the tosh and telewest, tbh its not that bad. Easily watchable some channels are alot worse than others but they tend to be channels like paramount etc. The worst time i ever see facial blurring is on eastenders and corrie/emmerdale but now i genuinely dont notice it

I have been using a dvd player with svideo since i got the tosh and was happy. Today i treated myself to a new toshiba dvd player with component cables and progressive scan and my god the picture is stunning. I just sat and watched shark tale today and for an hour an and a half i had a big grin on my face as it simply is that amazing to look at.

The tosh is super sensitive to the feed, give it s good feed though and it really shines.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom