1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taking the plunge, what do you suggest??

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by welshpaul, Feb 11, 2005.

1. welshpaul

welshpaul
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've narrowed it down now to the Nw HD3 or an Iriver H320.

Sound is an issue for me as is ease of use. (No existing MP3's so would be ripping current CD's)

SO peeps which one????

2. Tipsy

Tipsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had the same dilema narrowed it down to Nw-HD3. But after talking to a few people on here and after long deliberation im now thinking on going for the HD1 and then get the software upgrade for it. This is because, to my understanding, with the upgrade the HD1 is effectively the same player as the HD3 (having the same software). And IMO the HD1 is far more attractive and better built!
    And cheaper :smashin:

3. mariners

mariners

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The NW-HD3 (or cheap HD1 if you can find one) is the obvious choice for you. The only criticism I had of my HD1 was the lengthy process of converting my MP3 files to ATRAC3. As you have no existing MP3 library, this is not an issue for you.
    I find the sound quality of CDs ripped to ATRAC3+ at 64kbps to be excellent - certainly superior to MP3s at 128kbps, and only half the file size!